How I Fought HPV


After being very discouraged by my pap results constantly coming back 'abnormal,' I decided to take things into my own hands.  I had already had a cryosurgery, and this did not get rid of the infection.  I did a lot of research, and I came up with my own diet that ultimately helped me become HPV-free.  This diet worked for me!  I ate very naturally, took certain vitamins and supplements, and ultimately received not only one, but two (so far) "NORMAL" pap results!  I hope you might be able to learn from my experience.  Here are the things I did:

The Supplements:

These are the vitamins and supplements I took daily.  I took them at the same time every morning.  I made this part of my daily regimen in order to offer my body complete nutrition to boost the immune system.

Nature Made Vitamin E 400 IU: 200 to 400 IU of Vitamin E per day has shown to provide a threefold decrease in the rate of invasive cancer. (1)

Astragalus Extract 500 mg: Increases production of immune-system chemical IL-2, which fights HPV. Activates gene P53. (1)

Vitamin C: Increases immune system function. (2)




Solgar - Prenatal Nutrients Tablets: Basically, I found an all around, all-inclusive, multivitamin that would supplement my body the vitamins that I might not get from regular foods.  The particular vitamin I took (and still take) is: SOLGAR Prenatal Nutrients.  I decided to include this vitamin just to increase immune system function and to ensure I was receiving all nutrients required to fight off the virus.

Zinc Tabs - 30 mg:  Antiviral, for further cell protection against the virus and also to improve immune system function. (1)

Aloe Vera Juice: Keeps liver from processing certain toxins into carcinogenic forms. (1)
I mixed 1/2 cup of liquid aloe vera juice with 1/2 cup distilled water.  I drank this before breakfast.

Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Antiviral. Mix two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar with eight ounces of water and a splash of lemon juice and drink on an empty stomach three times a day. It is unpleasant, but you'll get used to it!

Garlic: My Mom has told me for years that garlic cures everything...So I definitely researched this first! Garlic has antiviral properties and prevents virally infected cells from multiplying, according to James A. Duke, a botanist and author of "The Green Pharmacy Guide to Healthy Foods." (2)

I believe in garlic.  It heals so many other infections and this was the first thing I thought of when I searched for HPV fighters.  I took garlic two ways:

1. Garlic Tincture: Mix 1/2 Cup of garlic with 1 cup of vodka.  Let this mixture sit in a glass jar in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks.  Take 20 drops with water daily.

2.  Chop up one clove of fresh garlic and tape the raw sides to the bottoms of your feet at night time. Take this off in the morning.  For those who cannot take garlic internally, or are afraid of "garlic breath," this is a fantastic way for garlic to get into your system without acually ingesting it!

Green Tea: (Stash teas are the only brands of tea I buy. My research shows their ingredients are far superior to many others). I found that green tea has so many immune system benefits and it deactivates plasmin, a substance that creates pathways for blood vessel tumors.  I found a super easy way to incorporate green tea into my life in place of coffee...Put one tea bag the coffee maker, fill water up to 10 cups....As easy as that!  Quick and easy morning tea, perfect for those of us that need to be alert and ready for the morning. (Green tea does have some caffeine, too, my fellow coffee lovers!)

PB 8 Pro-Biotic Acidophilus: To help keep intestinal flora in check, which ultimately improves overall immune system function.

(1) Prescription of Herbal Healing by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. 2002
(2) Livestrong

The Diet

I also changed my diet to be more conducive to helping my immune system fighting off the virus. The key, I have found, is to improve your immune system.

1. I eliminated all simple sugars. This includes white flour, honey, table sugar,
2. Green, leafy veggies...Go beyond salad!
3. Reduce the meat.  Meat is very inflammatory and creates an acidic environment in the body.  I found that it was much easier to find healthy meals that were vegetarian.  I avoided all meat in the attempt to make my body more alkaline.  That's why most of my recipes are vegetarian. Sorry! (I'm a country girl, raised on chicken...this was a change for me, too!)

My book, The ANTI HPV Diet: How I Fought HPV Naturally by Following This Carefully Researched Lifestyle Plan, offers additional resources including:

  • Additional supplements
  • Recipes
  • Lifestyle Changes
Also:

Eat more...
Vegetables! (These tasty things make up at least 50% of my entire diet). Mostly raw with nutrients intact, juiced or lightly steamed.
Fruit
Vegetarian protein - grains, legumes, nuts & seeds (qunioa, brown rice, beans, eggs, almonds & flax).
Raw Foods / Super Foods as much as possible! (Raw nuts & hempseeds, sprouted grains, raw honey, goji berries, cocoa, etc.)


Stock up on these (organic and without sugar):


Breakfast: Veggies (for juicing), Eggs, Brown Rice Pancakes, Steel Cut Oats, Granola, Beans, Potatoes, Goat Yogurt and Fruit! (Peaches, Bananas, Berries, Grapes, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, Oranges)


Lunch / Dinner: Brown Rice, Tinkyada Pasta, Red Quinoa, Beans, Soup, Potatoes, Salmon, Annie's Mac & Cheese, Brown Rice Tortillas, Spring Rolls, Sushi Rolls, Veggies! (Spinach, Peppers, Onions, Carrots, Cucumbers, Lime, Asparagus, Salad Mix, Celery, Broccoli, Tomato, Ginger, Avocados, Sweet Potatoes, Beets)
Snacks: Brown Rice Crackers & Guacamole / Salsa, Fruit and Almond Butter, Seeds and Nuts, Yogurt, Hummus & Veggies, Cereal.
Drinks: Green Juice, Green Tea, Macro Greens, Lemons & Limes for Water, Coconut Water, Rice Milk, Essentia.


Condiments: Agave, Olive Oil, Braggs, Apple Cider Vinegar, Catsup, Mustard, Honey, Lemon Stevia, Hot Sauce, Marinara, Pizza Sauce, Salsa, Butter.


Additions: Curry, Pesto, Seasonings, Cilantro, Black Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Coconut Milk, Cinnamon, Jam.
 Some things about food that I didn’t know:


Yes, you can get plenty of calcium without eating dairy!
Yes, you can get plenty of protein without eating animal meat! And actually, you don't need nearly as much protein as you think. 
Drinking more water actually curbs your appetite!
Get plenty of sleep.